|Senior Programme Officer (Programmes)
Asha is a leading community health and development NGO which presently reaches 500,000 people in 71 of Delhi’s slums. Asha works with slum communities to transform their lives through implementing initiatives in healthcare, empowerment of women and children, environment improvement, financial inclusion and access to education.
For more information on Asha, please visit our website at www.asha-india.org.
Asha requires a dedicated and proactive team member to assist in the implementation of its programmes.
Position description: The successful candidates will be required to undertake the following:
Selection criteria: It is essential that the successful candidate have:
Working hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Saturday, with the understanding that staff may be asked to work beyond these hours at particularly busy times in our calendar.
Salary: CTC up to Rs 7.5 lakhs p.a based on qualifications and experience.
To apply: Please send a cover letter indicating why you would be a preferred candidate by addressing the above selection criteria along with a current resume including the details of two referees firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Senior Programme Officer (Programmes)’.
The closing date for applications is 5 pm IST on 30th June 2016.
Senior Programme Officer (Communications)
To achieve its objectives, Asha requires a creative, dedicated and enthusiastic person to join its Promotions Team in a communications and fundraising capacity.
Position description: The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following:
- Corresponding with enquirers, donors and supporters worldwide.
- Collaborating with other team members to plan fundraising strategies to be implemented through our international supporter networks.
- Contributing creativity and ideas to the development of marketing strategies.
- Writing promotional material including fund raising appeals and articles for the newsletter and website.
- Writing of the annual report with inputs from other members of the team.
- Updating the websites and social networking sites.
- Maintaining the database.
- Other promotional duties as required.
- A postgraduate qualification in communications, MBA or equivalent or adequate experience in lieu of qualifications.
- A proven track record in effective communications, fundraising and promotional work with at least three to five years’ experience.
- Computer literacy, with particular experience of using Microsoft Office, Corel, Page maker etc
- Initiative, motivation and ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Concern for the welfare of slum dwellers and enthusiasm for the ways in which Asha serves these communities.
- Preference will be given to Delhi- NCR based candidates.
To apply: Please send a cover letter indicating why you would be a preferred candidate by addressing the above selection criteria along with a current resume including the details of two referees email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Programme Officer (Communications)’. The closing date for applications is 5 pm IST on 30th June 2016.