We’re looking for someone to live and work in Delhi to help with Asha’s international fundraising and communications activities.
If you would like to be considered for this challenging but rewarding role, please write to email@example.com explaining why you think you would be the right person. There are no barriers. Every application will be considered equally.
Programme Officer (Communications)
Asha is a leading community health and development NGO which reaches 700,000 people in Delhi’s slums. Asha works with slum communities to transform their lives through implementing initiatives in healthcare, empowerment of women and children, environment improvement, financial inclusion and access to education.
Position description: The following are the requirements of the successful candidate:
- Generation of creative ideas for fundraising.
- Planning fundraising strategies.
- Content writing, editing and proof reading of promotional material.
- Website and Social Media Management.
- Database Management.
- Other Communications related tasks as needed.
Selection criteria: It is essential that the successful candidate have:
- A postgraduate qualification in communications or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record in effective communications and fundraising with a minimum of three to five years’ experience.
- Training in relevant software and technologies.
- The ability to think creatively, brainstorm ideas and tailor content to target audiences.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- A demonstrable concern for the welfare of slum dwellers.
Preference will be given to Delhi- NCR based candidates.
Working hours: Working hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Saturday, with 2 Saturdays off in a month except during particular busy times in the calendar.
Salary: Will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
To apply: Please send a covering letter indicating why you would be a preferred candidate by addressing the selection criteria along with a current resume including the details of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Programme Officer (Communications)’. The closing date for applications is 5 pm IST on 10th March 2022.
Only candidates who attain the shortlist will be contacted.